Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bean1's first outright lie?

One of my frequently used pet names for Bean1 is "angel". Her father's is "princess". No prizes for guessing which one she prefers, and this morning, she made it all apparent.

As I fed Bean2 while Bean1 followed dh to the kitchen for breakfast this morning, she turned back and came to stand in my bedroom doorway, looking very solemn.

"Mum, I have a question for you."

"Oh-kay. What is it?"

"Daddy doesn't like you to call me angel. That's all." With that she turned around and went to have her breakfast, leaving me agog.

Later, I told dh about the porker Bean1 told me. He told her that it's not good to tell lies, and that if she didn't want me to call her angel, she should just tell me that, instead of saying it was daddy's idea.

No comments: