Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

bean #2 has landed

(okay, so i mixed my metaphors...)

bean #2 arrived toward the latter-end of july and i've been busy juggling the 2 beans ever since.

bean #1 has been a relatively good big sister - "i luuurve you, little bay-bee", she purrs most days. but there have been the occasional bust-ups with ME.

e.g. last night, bean #1 couldn't get to sleep for a long time (she still needs me to accompany her while she slips into dreamland) and when i had to duck out to feed bean #2, she was completely unhappy. as i stood outside her closed door after feeding the baby, i could hear my oldest recite a litany of my sins..."i don't like my mummy. she's not a good mummy. she doesn't buy me dvds. she doesn't take me to school..." it went on and on till i entered the room. but when i asked if she was angry with me, she shook her head and said, "i love you."

dd2 has been a relatively easy babe. she doesn't feed for as long a period as dd1, but she has been easy-ish to settle. she does look like dd1's twin at the same age, albeit with more gravity-defying hair, a widow's peak and a chin inherited from her father.

No comments: