Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the influence of the evil goggle box? aka the arrival of a new superhero

this morning, as i sat down groggily to my crosswords, the bean rummaged in her swim bag and produced a pair of goggles.

"my goggles!", she said triumphantly, holding them to let me see, as if she doesn't know that they'd be in the bag.

i turned back to the paper, only to hear shortly, "look mummy! super kitten!"

the bean had put on her goggles and stood in front of me, grinning, "i am super kitten! i am going to save you mummy!"

i told her that super kitten needed a cape too, and tucked two corners of her favourite chiffon green scarf into the back of her t-shirt collar.

she then made me get in between some large cushions, pretending that they were boulders or some such, "mummy, hold onto my cape. i will rescue you. i will pull you out."

she gave me a small corner of her cape to hang onto and together we pretended that she hauled my ass out of my tight spot.

when i said, "thank you super kitten for saving me," she was so pleased, she made me repeat the exercise.

later when i related this incident to dh, he laughed and then reprimanded me, "i can't believe you didn't take a picture!" dh wondered where she got the idea for the superhero.

then dh told me that before bathtime, when the bean was watching telly, he had tried to get her to finish only to be told ever so politely, "no thank you. i am watching cbeebies," intoned while her eyes were glued to the goggle box.

No comments: