Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

the bean tells a joke...

...sort of

last night, the bean took a plastic octopus from her bathtub back into the bedroom.

as i was putting on her night nappy and leg warmers i decided to distract her by asking some questions:

me: "what's this?" (pointing to the octopus) "is it a spider?"
bean: "no", taking a cursory glance at it and looking away (i think she was playing with something else at the time - could've been my watch)

me: "is it a fish?"
bean: "no"

me: "is it a crab?"
bean: "no", not even bothering to look up by this time

me: "is it mummy?"
bean: "no", after she glanced at me and the octopus to see if i was crazy

me: "is it po po?"
bean: "no", not looking at me

me: "is it gong gong?"
bean looked at me and slowly said, "yes".

i laughed and said, "surely it isn't! what is it?"
bean: "puhs!" (for octopus) pointing right at the octopus's head

No comments: