Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

a human bean

last week, on 11 july, i had my 1st visit to the obstetrician's and my 1st ultrasound scan.

lo and behold, i am really pregnant (then 8.5 weeks) with a foetus the size of a bean palpitating inside my abdomen! it was both thrilling and scary to see the teeny tiny
heartbeat. but when i mentioned something about sigourney weaver, hubby nonchalantly said, "nonsense. the alien came out her chest, not abdomen." which is a lot more reassuring...not.

little bean, or "xiao dou dou" as my mom calls it, has been making me nauseous for the past 4 weeks now. i have had waves of queasiness wash over me from morn till night. even when i retire to bed i still sometimes need to rush to the bathroom to retch. most times there is no 'product' (!) but there have been 3 occasions when my dinners have been regurgitated. maybe "xiao dou dou" doesn't like wan tan mee or stir-fried black pepper beef (some of my faves tho)!

what a shame this early part of the pregnancy (1st trimester) is so uncomfortable. i would love to live out this myth of being able to eat for two...think of the double helpings of mee pok "dry", fishball kway teow tng, kway chap, roti john, sup kambing, etc etc. instead, i now approach meals with dread. dry, bland jacob's cream crackers it has to be for now.

please little bean, let mummy have her meals in peace!

No comments: